Now that your student is getting settled in to college life at Bellarmine, we wanted to make you aware of a program called MAP-Works, or Making Achievement Possible Works. This is a program that Bellarmine uses to promote your student’s college success. Each fall, first-year students take a MAP-Works web-based survey that includes questions related to their academic, social, and personal adjustment to college. This survey provides your student with customized strategies for success. The personalized report provides your student with information on:
- How to meet her or his expectations for academic success
- How to be more successful in college life
- Campus resources available to her or him that help with college success
Top Issues for Freshmen
In addition to the needs of individual students, the survey looks at overall issues impacting the freshman class. According to student response, the top five issues of the freshman class include:
- 39% of the freshmen indicated that they struggle from test anxiety.
- 32% of freshmen indicated they are struggling in more than two classes.
- 30% of freshmen indicated that they experience homesickness.
- 24% of the class indicated that they plan to study for less than 5 hours a week.