This information was communicated to all faculty, staff, and students on October 30, 2014 via email from Dr. Hunt Helm, Vice President for Communication and Public Affairs.
Albert Camus wrote, “Autumn is a second spring where every leaf’s a flower.” But that’s an existential trick, of course — autumn is a bogus spring and all those leaves are dying. In other words, winter is on its way! And that’s okay, because with it comes our annual reminder about how we communicate winter weather closings.
Our options for dealing with bad weather:
- School is open anyway — so allow extra travel time, use your own good judgment and be safe.
- Delayed schedule – campus will open at 10 a.m. and everyone should arrive at 10 a.m. and do whatever you would normally be doing that day at 10 a.m.
- Early dismissal – the weather is deteriorating and we are closing early. A specific time for closure will be communicated.
- Bellarmine is closed and all classes are canceled. Check the Bellarmine website for additional information regarding special hours for library, cafeteria and the SuRF.
Remember, Bellarmine is OPEN and running on a normal schedule unless otherwise communicated!
How we communicate closings and delays:
- On the University’s emergency text-messaging system for students, faculty, and staff
- By e-mail to all students, faculty and staff
- On the university’s telephone answering system
- Through local broadcast and web-based news media
How students can sign up for emergency text-messaging (recommended):
- Go to: https://my.bellarmine.edu/ICS/Student/Main_Page.jnz?portlet=Emergency_Contact_Info
- Login with your Bellarmine username and password
- Click the “Register for emergency notifications” link
Thank you — and if you’re still reading, here’s your reward. A sweet way to feel better about the coming winter: